Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I've attained some goals.

So it's not quite a year since I wrote this post about my aspirations in life, but I just stumbled across it while flicking through old entries and realised I'm closer now, to living this life. I never did put together a vision movie though.
Habits and routines I eat with the kids in the mornings. A healthy breakfast with fruit and yoghurt. If I am not at their table, then I am in the room making their lunches while they eat. At nights when I have the kids, we all sit down at the table to eat together. Some nights with my husband too. I am cooking all sorts of foods, and trying new things. I snack and even started drinking water at work. I talk to everyone, if only for a moment, and have had a couple of outings after work with them. I have been back on here writing, but no meditation yet. When D stays over, we usually spend some time having an actual conversation!
Career and work I have made a decision to find a job with more purpose, that also gives me life balance. I am actively seeking an alternative and taking steps in the right direction. I feel the statement of doing hairdressing because I have done well, not because it is the right path is a relevant reminder right now.
Money and Finance I definitely have access to my own money. I can make purchases without feeling guilt. I can budget, and know that my sacrifice means money will be saved not spent. I can buy things and plan things for the kids. I have 10,000 dollars in the bank.
Health and Fitness. I do find time to get out and do something active each weekend and I have plenty of good food. Maybe too much though. I have a few niggly complaints I am working on.
Part 2 Mental development and Education. I have been stalling on this one until I know what field I want to go into. I think some form of study will be in my future though. Even if only a short course. Then I think I would do my own research once I found a purpose and direction.
social Life and Relationships I feel nurtured and loved by my husband. I'm feeling less cautious in that relationship again. More trusting. I admire the work he is doing for the animals as well as the work on himself in personal development. He is pushing me to grow, and supporting me to make those changes and encouraging me. We make time for each other and give each other space. We are headed in the same direction and are beginning to have mutual goals. I am also socialising with other people and enjoying it.
Home and Family I live near the broadwater of the coast and there is plenty of things to do in the local community. I am close enough to ride a bike to the swimming area and I actually have a bike to fix up. Both the kids have bikes they can ride. It's not a long drive to the surf beach and I now have a boat to get to Straddie. I have a convenience store and fruit shop also within walking distance and my sister just down the road. My kids do feel loved and understood. They would prefer if we lived together in the same house, but I think we are on our way to that, and this hasn't been too bad an experience for them. It has probably made us both appreciate them a little more.
Emotions I think I have been a lot more in control of my emotions in the last few months. I am learning to recognise the different ways I express my fears of something, and bring them to the surface to be assessed clearly. I can see my resistance as a learning tool.
Character and Integrity I am being honest, but am going to get better at not focussing on what I don't like in a situation or feeding anyone elses doubts. I am keeping busy and plan to make my work more beneficial to others.
Life Purpose I'm working on it. Seeking with more intent than I was before.
Spiritual Development This took a bit of a knock, but a lot of my new direction in life is a leap of faith. I'm trusting that the information I have recieved is correct and that what has happened to me was the push I needed to get me back on track in this life.
So now I have to see what I can imagine for the future, in the areas that still need work. It's good to see I have moved forward in this last year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment