Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One day at a time.

Last night I was flicking through a Doreen Virtue website, and I can't find the post now, but it got me thinking about what I would do If I only had X amount of time to live. This falls into the same category as, what would you do if money was no object? or what if you felt no fear? The first thing that came into my head is that I would want to be living in the same house with my husband again. That would be more important than going out to parties and dinners. I wouldn't be working on the weekends when my kids are. I wouldn't be hairdressing likely because I don't feel it offers any improvement to the world. I wouldn't want to go back to living on the farm though because I don't like the lifestyle it offers me. He couldn't stay here though because of the pets. He doesn't really like units or apartments either. So I guess I would be finding a home for us all to live in that was as good as this place, but with room for his pets. That was a challenge last time I looked, but maybe now is the right time for it. Does this mean I should do that now, even though I plan to live a long life? I guess the question makes you think of the moment and no more, because that may be all we have. Living in the moment is what I'm meant to be doing more of. No more analyzing what the future may hold, and second guessing my actions because of it. Life for today. I guess if money was no object I would be spending more time with my kids. Cooking great food, and camping on the weekends. I think we'd have great camping and hiking equipment and just take off once a month for time at a beach or bush. I would learn more about fishing and bush foods and bbq cooking. I would be doing something where I could talk to people about people, and understanding one another. I would have cats, or maybe just foster animals. I would volunteer some of my time either to help at school, or with animals or counselling people. Maybe something environmental like habitat maintenance. I would travel mostly around Australia, but would maybe visit New Zealand and some of south east Asia. How much of this can I do already, and would I really use my time well if I had it, or just waste it wondering about what next? No fear? I'd have quit my job already if I wasn't worried about money and security and am I doing the right thing. I'd be spending more time with D and not thinking about should I tell him this or that. I'd get right out the back of the surf to catch a decent wave. I'd paddle across the broadwater to get to the island on the other side if I wasn't scared of sharks. I'd wear different clothes if I wasn't scared I'd look stupid. I'd make more decisions if I wasn't scared I might make the wrong one and upset someone. I'd open my heart more if I wasn't scared to get it broken. Fear is lack of faith that everything I need is already here. Nothing can happen to my soul. If I am not meant to die I wont and if I am then everything and everyone will be ok. Most of the rest that can happen is that my vanityand pride will take a beating. Can I hurt someone else though? or is that their own story to worry about. I can ask what love would do. I still believe in responsibility. Maybe I should check the real estate pages. Sieze the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment