This one is scary. What do I really want in my life? If I dream bigger than what I currently believe is possible for me? While reading the 1st chapter of Steve Pavlina's new book, he questions how you rate certain areas of your life 1-10. I have done this before, and could probably find a few examples in my journals. The bit that was different for me was, "Either you have what you want, or you don’t. A 6, 7, or 8 is the answer you give when you know you don’t have what you want, but you aren’t ready to face up to it yet....When you rate any part of your life as a 7, you’re really saying: “This isn’t what I want, but I’m not sure I can do better, so I’ll pretend it’s good enough. It could be worse.”" I had quite a few 6's, 7's, and 8's, and if I'm honest with myself,(which is what this is supposed to be about) I know that I am settling for near enough, in most of these areas, instead of good enough. So what do I really want?
Habits and daily routines- I find time every morning to meditate, state my intentions or journal. Some within time. I share a healthy breakfast with my children. I speak to everyone I work with, for a moment at least. I Make time to eat a snack at least once a day. I eat dinner with my family at the table most nights, or together in front of the tv for a shared movie. I make time to read to the kids before their bedtime. I spend a few minutes each night talking about the day with my husband.
I think I deny that my internet time is often the reason I don't do all these things.
Career and work - I spend each day feeling that I am using my skills to their best, with small challenges along the way. I feel my contribution is valued . I don't feel the need to lie, or hide my opinions to do well. I believe I am being well compensated for my work, and it is within my capabilities to do well. I don't feel conflict between my time spent at work and my home life.
I worry that I stick with hairdressing because I am good at it, and have done well on this path, even though I may be on the wrong path. Doing well on the wrong path, is still the wrong path. Maybe I am glamorizing an alternate career? That statement sound like Steve's quote though "but I’m not sure I can do better" I imagine life as a researcher, or writing of some kind would give me the excitement I feel fluttering in my chest sometimes, when I can share my ideas with someone who gets it. I imagine my career filling my purpose, of sharing what I have learned with my own searching.
Money and finances - I have my own access to the money we have in the bank, and am able to make purchases without checking that it will fit our budget for the week. I can make arrangements for the kids to attend fun things. We plan a holiday every year, and can take the kids to see some of Australia's beautiful places. We have money to buy organic and free range foods. We have $10,000 saved to cover any emergency spending we may not have considered. Our money is coming from a few different sources.
Health and fitness. - I am free from pain and illness. My body is capable of fulfilling all the tasks I require of it without difficulty. Maintaining a healthy diet is easy as I have a wide range of delicious food to choose from. I enjoy an activity every week that gets me up and moving.
I will have to return for the others as I am going to start doing one of the first things and sitting down with my family, instead of staying on here all night till they go to bed. They want to watch Australian Idol like we did last week(the kids do anyway). I had to edit my choices to write as if I was already experiencing them. It is too easy to see them as unattainable otherwise. Once I have finished these I might find some pictures on the net to make up a vision board. But my vision board I will set to music, and use movie maker.
No comments:
Post a Comment