Monday, September 29, 2008

What do I want from life?- part two.

Mental development and education.- I was about to say I was happy with this one, but then I remembered. I wish I had studied journalism. I have learned new ways to express myself through writing/journalism studies. I have also expanded my knowledge of computer programs that make delivering the message easier, such as media studies. I am becoming more aware of my mind in action, even as I go through my day, and so am learning to overcome my use of habits that don't work for me. I am learning to trust my intuition and insight more. I am open to new ideas that may challenge my beliefs. I am having new experiences to further my mind.
Social life and relationships - I am nurtured and valued by my partner/husband. I admire him and am also challenged by him to grow. I am honest with him about my hopes and feelings. We make time to spend with each other, as well as allowing each other to have experiences of our own. I feel we are traveling in the same direction on our journey. I have honesty in all my relationships, so I don't feel the need to deny my thoughts and emotions when speaking with friend, so I don't fall back into aloof behaviors. This means I feel better after socializing with people, and have a few friends I regularly connect with. I make more effort to see people outside of work.
Home and family - I live in a natural setting with some community around. I can ride my bike to a few places for conveniences, and I have a few things living and growing around me. I can get to a beach easily for walks and swims on my weekend. I keep in touch with my siblings, and we all get together sometimes. My kids feel loved and understood, but are quite independent also. We have good communication, and they feel able to speak freely to me. They are a great support for each other (but that's someone else's story, and we only ever get to know our own.) If I'm really honest, I want a quiet beach town shack in walking or cycling distance from the beach.
Emotions - I am in control of my emotions most of the time. When I see myself responding with negative emotions, I see this as a marker to guide me to an area of self-development. I can then change my behavior to result in positive emotions. I can also recognise how physical circumstances effect my emotions and am able to make adjustments to benifit myself. Most of the time I am pretty content, and see that the only person who can make me happy is me.
Character and Integrity - I'm not sure that I completely understand this one. I represent myself honestly, I am considerate of others and pull my own weight. I avoid getting involved in malicious gossip, and aim to uplift people who I come into contact with. I put out what I want to get back. People trust me at my word.
Life purpose and contribution - I am able to give value to others through sharing the knowledge I have accumulated in my life. I take my particular skills, of analysis and communication, and my passion for sharing information, to give back to the universe.
Spiritual Development - I am aware of myself as a spiritual being, an one with the rest of the universe. I am able to access information from the universe through my intuition and insight. I feel at peace, and I know that I am completely safe, despite the illusion of my physical self being in danger. I recognise everything I sense in the physical world as being different vibrations of energy from the One Source.
I got my sister to write where she see's me, and her ideas were probably closer to where I want to be, than my fear of where I could be. She see's me studying, and then finding my own little side project in a beachside town, while perhaps doing hairdressing on the side. I guess my own little fantasy, would be that I was in a beachside tourist town, where there were a few wedding locations nearby. I would do hair for wedding parties on the weekends, and then have a weekly column either online or in print. In between doing jobs in the fruit and vegie garden and tending the chooks, would write the chapters of a book that I would be able to write to help other analytical people like me interact in the wide world. (I figure only other analyticals would care enough to read the process) I would also make my own hair accessories for brides of the more eclectic kind, to suit the more garden and beachside weddings. Having different peak periods of business throughout the year would give my life more flexibility to have bursts of creativity at one time, then times in the garden at others, and moments of rest at others still. I have a wedding to attend to next Saturday. I will see how successful that morning goes. I have been gaining a lot of confidence in that part of my hairdressing since being on the coast, and being the only stylist who seems to want to do upstyles. I did a beautiful Marie-Antoinette style the other day that I was very proud of. I hope the girl sends me a photo. While I am browsing on the net I will aim to find some pictures of my little fantasy to set to music.

1 comment:

  1. I love your fantasy. It's perfect for you. Your fantasy seems so easy for you to achieve from my perspective. Obviously a lot more difficult from yours, otherwise you'd start living it. Spend a month researching it, then tweak it, then make it happen. Easy!

    ReplyDelete