Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
One on one.
I just made a connection. On Saturday we did a personality quiz based on the Myers-Briggs personality profiles. All my answers for the first column indicated introversion. Nothing new there. I was explaining to someone else who also came up as introverted, that it doesn't neccesarily mean anti-social or shy, but that we usually prefer a one on one conversation, rather than having to jostle for talk time in a crowd, and that we don't gain energy from that type of encounter. I was just remembering my time spent in a classroom as a student teacher during my 6 months of uni. I really enjoyed my time there. I realise that it was because I had been able to spend time, one on one, with a couple of the kids who needed more focused attention than what the teachers could offer. When I returned to study I realised that I would be frustrated in a classroom situation where I couldn't offer the same one on one time. (That and wanting to be out in the world already.) At the moment I spend an hour or two in Aurora's classroom once a week, having the kids to read to me. That appeals much more to me than taking the whole class. This is probably typical of my being a strong introvert. My sister mentioned a friend of hers works with Autistic and Aspergers kids on the weekends as a time out for parents. They get more money on the weekends, but the job is still available during the week. This would be a rewarding job where I could make a difference. The ratio of kids to carers would be more even. Otherwise I still think teachers aide might be worth a look into. See I told you I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about this job thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment