Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Job well done
Yesterday morning I was feeling a bit rushed and panicky after getting the kids to school late, and having Aurora in tears while we got ready. A visit to the beach over lunch calmed everything down though, and today felt so much more relaxed and productive. I had an electrician visit at 7:45, so I was up and dressed early before getting breakfasts and lunches organized. I was just finishing the braids in Aurora's hair when he arrived. Then I copied some photos onto a disc before running the kids off to school. I brought the laundry with me and dropped by my sisters house to put on a load of darks. While I was there I got to have a play with my niece Ava and sing some songs. I also got the pictures printed for Aurora's presentation on Thursday. Hung out the washing, then drove home to make an omellete for lunch. Cut out the prints and filled out some government forms. Then handwashed white school socks and hung them on the balcony. I have decided to keep a soak bucket for socks during the week, and wash them by hand on the weekends, picked up the bucket and soak today. Took out all the rubbish and recycling. Planned meals for the rest of the week and grabbed the clothes for goodwill before I ran out the door to do groceries. Was a quick stop at Lifeline to drop off the clothes, then off to the post office. Unfortunately after lining up was told that the woman there doesn't witness paper signing so that was a waste of time. Was running late by the time I got my groceries, so just got through the school gate as the bell was going. Stopped in at my sisters again on the way home to get my clothes off the line and print one more picture I had forgotten. Once home I sorted through all my receipts for tax, and while I was there tidied all my other collected paperwork. This was all while guiding Aurora through writing up her poster, and signing homework books. I also managed to marinate the veal I bought, and soak the kebab skewers. Whipped up a satay sauce from scratch and cooked up some rice to go with the kebabs, which were delicious. Ice-cream for dessert and a rehearsal of the presentation, and I think I earned some time out on the internet. I love the satisfaction of a good days work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment