Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer days are here again

The last two weekends have been like summer days, so I have been out on the beach. I swam 3 of the 4 days I was there. In previous years August has been my depressed month, as the winter seems to outstay its welcome by sending strong winds, that keep me away from the water and whipping sand. I got to send the kids for a splash in the water at the end of the street after school, before dropping over to my sisters house for dinner. Girls choice, so I made a Thai green curry. I feel like I've made the most of being down here. Had I still lived further up I probably wouldn't have gotten to the beach as often. D is looking at a house a little further down the coast which would be even closer to the beach but still close enough to the kids school and easy drop-ins on my sister. There is another swim area there, with pathways nearby for bike riding. It was actually the original swim area I wanted to live near. It's closer to where my sister used to live when I first got so jealous of her lifestyle. I think the close to swimming would be the biggest priority for me in a house right now. I want the kids to have easy access to that, and me too of course. I took the money out of the bank today for a boat. I will post up some pictures soon. I don't have room here, so I guess that is a pretty big commitment to D and I living together soon. It will stay with him. Now we just need to arrange our lives to fit in with each other again so we can all go out in the boat. I spent an extra hour at the school again this morning. A teacher aide would be a really good job as far as hours go. I don't mind the work. Tania also let me know of another friend who works with Autistic and Aspergers kids. She only required a first aid certification, and blue card to work with kids. I think I could handle that type of work. Could help to have a few people in the right places to keep me aware of jobs coming in. I was given a heads up on another salon opening on the coast that could potentially be more family friendly. I don't feel it though. It feels like a sideways step not a step forward. I don't mind the salon or I would have left the last time another salon approached me. There's not enough motivation to make that change. A Gold Coast salon is always going to be busy during school holidays and Saturdays. Maybe even Sundays. If I believe the psychic though I should probably just trust that the right thing will come along before Christmas and not look at stuff that requires too much change right now. It would be great to finish up in the salon just before the Christmas rush. It might suck for the staff though. I could do a proper Christmas. Carols by Candlelight. Baking cookies, Christmas movies, and holidays with the kids. It would be a real leap of faith to just quit and assume the right job would come along when I needed it. When I get closer I will have to decide whether to pay the non refundable child care fees or not. I'm going to have to get my boat license so that I can take the boat over to the island for camping trips and days out. If D can organise a few days off over Christmas we can do the family thing. Here I go again fantasizing about the future. I can't help but research a few ideas. I feel like checking the job pages now. But the job I want is not one I am in a position to go for at the moment. So I'll think of boating trips instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment