Thursday, October 30, 2008

Decluttering my space

I have been removing clutter from my house again. This time I hit the excess toys piled up in the kids rooms. I have been hanging on to stuffed animals, that are beautiful, but really just fill space that we don't have. I am ready to be quite ruthless, in the lead up to Christmas. There is never enough space to put new gifts, and I find the more the kids have, the less they play with. The huge pile of toys is overwhelming, but if it is packed away, then it is out of mind, and unused. I found a DIY t-shirt stencil for Aurora that I will buy, but we will hopefully not get too carried away with filler toys this year. Santa's getting frugal.
My father has a lot of time on his hands, but keeps very odd hours. He has found a way to feel useful though, by salvaging recyclable goods that people leave out for garbage collection. There is usually a lot of usable stuff, and he loves to share it around. It is such a source of enjoyment for him to be able to give something, but I just hate the clutter it causes. I have learned to sort through things pretty quickly after he comes through the door, before the kids get too many ideas of keeping everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment