Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ken Wilbur's shadow work

I have just read the second part of an online course called "Mastering the Power of Now", which was an interview with Ken Wilbur. Funnily enough I read an article of his last week, in which he talked about integrating both the ego mind with the egoless state. That way we are whole as a human being, participating in the human experience. There were many interesting points in the interview, but the one that most caught my attention was the combination of spiritual work, with developmental work like shadow work. He suggests ending the day by looking at which people you were unusually irritated by or attracted to, and using this to point to hidden aspects of our shadow. Also using the most fearful or attractive images of our dreams to do the same thing. I am lucky enough right now to not be finding anyone too irritating, but am drawn to a few people, so I may do some work in figuring out what aspect it is that I find so intriguing and seeing how I can be that.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you pointed me to that web site, where I listened to the first podcast. With the image of pure ego state as the far left point of a triangle and pure egoless state as the far right point with my at the centrepoint, I found it MUCH easier to slide between the two as needed throughout the day.

    Good idea to reflect on sources of irritation and let them guide us to Shadow parts.

    When we find ourselves attracted to certain others, it can help us see what good parts of ourselves we need to bring out into the light (rather than just projecting onto ) and consciously integrate.

    I am so glad you and I found one another. I feel a hell of a lot less lonely knowing you exist and you get it.

    ReplyDelete