I know why I never studied Journalism. I can't believe I forgot this until now. I wanted to study psychology! It was my first choice of university course, but it must have been popular because the entry requirements went up that year, and I just missed out, and got my second choice, teaching. I was consistently the top student of my grade in study of society, mostly because of the psychology element. Piaget, Erikson, Maslow, I loved the developmental studies. In the semester of teaching studies that I did, we had a psychology class which I also aced. I found the social styles when I was in the first year of my hairdressing apprenticeship, from my area manager, who was analytical like me. I have never stopped researching about how the brain works, and developmental behaviour. Circumstances led to me requesting a lift partway home today, as I stayed at work past my bus time. Nadia who gave me a lift has studied Journalism, so I thought this was a good time to pick her brain and find out why she hasn't pursued it yet. She agreed that I would be good for a research position, because I can be quite thorough, and can't help wanting to know more. We both were sent on personal research missions as a result of the Davinci Code, and I knew she was going to tell me that before the words came out of her mouth. I was explaining to her how the two hemispheres of the brain combine conflicting audio messages, also talking about the spectrum of a.d.d. to autism and how they relate to being in different hemispheres of the brain. ( kikipotomus coincidently, mentions brain hemispheres on her blog today also)This came from talking about OCD habits, and then she mentioned that her sister studied psychology, and was a therapist. Then lightbulb! All my favourite conversations somehow relate back to this! Even my fantasy book was about teaching behavioural patterns, and integrating hidden aspects to become more developed and rounded. Social styles. Profiling. Jung. The article I read that explained how Marx and Nietsche could both be right about human development( almost). Just when I get off track, I get another bump in the direction back to one of these topics. And everything lately seems to be converging on one overall concept, to the point that I feel all these blog posts will soon be rewording the same story over and over.
Being human is a lower vibration of soul, which is a lower vibration of the Everything that Is. Once born we develop through stages to once again be able to recognise ourself as more than the mind, as spirit, and one with everything. But we get stuck in the ego, which is only meant to be used as a tool to experience the physical body. We need to learn to integrate all the aspects of our mind and to see the ego as a useful tool to direct our boundless soul. Right back at the beginning of this blog, I read a book that made me look up Mandala's, because I wanted to know why Carl Jung thought they were so important. The more I read about Jung, the more I discover, that a lot of the theories and concepts that I resonate with, are directly inspired by his work.
If more synchronicity, means I am more on track, then I can start to see the road carved out behind me. If I were an angel, trying to guide me on a path toward behavioural studies, I would probably set up life circumstances like this too. Father with psychiactric/phsychological problems. check. Someone to foster a love of reading. check. analytical mind. check. personal health problems to foster interest in self healing. check. whoops got off track there, lets add an interest in social styles here. And then they just kept dropping books in front of me till now. I read a little on the ayurvedic types this morning. Air types are usually cold, and eat a lot of raw or cold foods. That's me lately. I need to add some fire. Time to research some more.
I get the biggest jolt of energy when someone asks me for help with research or problem solving. I can spend hours obsessively searching for the answers or solving the problem.
ReplyDelete