Monday, October 20, 2008

A reason to get up early


This morning I drifted out of my dreams, and realised a new day had dawned. "I wonder if there is any reason to get up early today?" I mused. Then I remembered.......the beach! I jumped up, it was 6:30, and looked outside, clear skies and only a little wind. After a lovely breakfast of berries, nuts and yoghurt, the whole family, and one dog piled into the car to drive to the dogs allowed beach only 20mins away. Last time we came down we brought two dogs, and that was too much. Atlas, (who is usually the calmer of the two dogs, but still strong) was very well behaved as we took a walk together through the water, while the others dug holes in the sand. By the time I came back it was warm enough to venture into the waves for a dip, my son joined me for a while there too which was great fun. Then we tried to trap the water in our man-made pools for a while, before cleaning up to head off. I got dropped off at my sisters new home, a little further up the coast, while my husband took the kids to play at a friends house. Her new house is only a moments walk from the water, and main strip where all the little cafe's and shops are, so we went for a wander. Once we got her 7month old to sleep, we enjoyed some beautiful fish and a glass of wine. As usual with my sister, the conversation was great, and the mood relaxed. We discussed our men, our children, our weekend, and some musings on the creations of our mind. I got to browse through some old photos and then was whisked off home to a dinner of chickenand fetta salad. All round I would say that it was a pretty fantastic day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, am I envious. I love the ocean and I love warm weather. I am far away from both now.

    ReplyDelete