Monday, October 13, 2008

OCD

I wonder if the minds need to seek order is the reason behind OCD. The mind finds organising things into patterns helpful in dealing with the randomness of life. I also rock sometimes while I am reading. Apparently this has a name,(which right now I can't remember) but it is basically the way your mind assesses where you're at spatially, when you're paying attention to other things. Our mind needs the map. I guess some of us identify more with the mind and so we have more of these traits. I remember a website that helps people with ADD utilise their entrepreneurial skills. Maybe ADD is more capable of handling randomness and OCD more in need of order. Both could be seen as skills or weaknesses in the right scenario.

1 comment:

  1. You rock, eh? Ever thought you might be a touch Aspergerish?

    ReplyDelete