Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cycles of Optimism

I wonder, if I keep writing regularly will people be able to detect changes in my levels of optimism over a month? My husband knows me, better than I know myself in some instances. Like sometimes at that time of the month I say "Well, I wasn't expecting that" and he says "Oh I was". Is this in every relationship? First there's the painful days, then I chase him around the house for cuddles, then there's the calm weeks, then all of a sudden, I want chocolate and salt, and then things start to bug me. The housework has to be done just this way and NOW, and I become indignant and angry at things that have been just fine until now. And somehow, I can miss all this, and still be surprised when it happens. Apparently I have PST as well. That is Pre-Spring Tension. Right at the end of Winter, when I haven't had my trips to the beach and there seems to be nothing to do but stay inside and avoid the wind, I get grumpy. I didn't know this, until during a mad cleaning fit, to distract myself from not being able to go walking, my husband tried to calm me by saying"Don't stress, this is just 'cause it's August". Like I was supposed to know what that meant! and then proceeded to fill me in on the recurring phenomenon. I don't always like being told the obvious either, but eventually I come to my senses and realize he is right, I just don't tell him that. So if I start getting very snappy all of a sudden? Don't tell me, it will pass, and my husband already has it covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment