Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quote

While going over the archives of kikipotomus the hobo's blog I came across this quote.
“If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.” — Jesus of Nazareth. It was tagged shadow, so I guess she got the same impression as me from this saying. It's what we deny in ourself that causes us pain. After I wrote my last post I got thinking of all the lessons of Jesus that make more sense to me now that when I read them as a child. I guess the idea always was to make the stories simple enough to be passed on and remembered, and eventually some would understand. I think I will have to pick out some of my favorites for another post.

1 comment:

  1. How timely this is...finding these words here from my own blog at a time when I had forgotten the lesson. I think I need to read this quote at the start of every single day lest I betray myself day in and day out ad nauseum.

    ReplyDelete