Monday, September 28, 2009

Waiting waiting

I'm a little dissapointed at the moment. I was ready to call the therapy provider this morning but recieved this message.
Hi Karyn, In a few days, I'll be heading overseas for three weeks and at this point I have too much on my plate, so I doubt I'll organize a meeting with the family I thought you might work with. That said, I should also emphasize that ABA International does not hire directly; the families I work with are responsible for hiring their own staff. I match potential therapists with the families I supervise. I'll touch base with you at the end of October after I meet with the family I've mentioned and we'll take it from there!
Now I knew that she was only matching not hiring, but I'm dissapointed to have to wait until she returns with no guarantee that I will be suited to the family or any idea of what sort of hours the family would require. I feel I need to be doing something. I will take the time to read more, and learn about baby signing. Maybe the timing would be better if it coincided with my moving in with D again anyway. I'm so impatient. Also gives me time to sound out with my clients the idea of me cutting my hours to pursue another line of work. I hate to be one of those hairdressers who just dissapears. It's a nice day outside, might take my book and the kids down to the park or something.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you have to wait until you get more definite news! I'm really impatient, so I know how frustrating that can be! But remember that everything happens for a reason - maybe before the end of October a whole new door will open, or an opportunity will come along that you wouldn't have had otherwise =)

    ReplyDelete