This is not a position that suits introverts.
That line scares the crap out of me. I'm at the phase of making change that only sees the reasons why it won't work out. What if I put all my eggs in one basket and I just haven't researched this enough and there is a big flaw in my theory. That line is from an employment page with ABA therapists. Must be outgoing. I am a successful hairdresser, is that outgoing enough? I don't know. These are psychologists they know what profile they are looking for. Maybe I don't like other people's kids enough. I like helping out at the school, and I prefer working with the slower kids than the really bright ones. I get bored if they don't need help. I'm persistent with making them answer. I really want this to be the right direction. I did my cards finally. Past was parenting and children. Yep that fits. Now was kindness, which made me feel bad about the Ibis with fishing line I saw down at the park. The future was moving forward fearlessly. Which I took as a sign that I should be continuing with my quest for a new career, that the hurdles I am seeing are just a detour that I can work around. I worry that if D's job is not 100% secure, then I should not be looking to make big changes in mine. I worry that I am making big decisions based on a psychic whom I have never met predicting I would leave my job by Christmas. That's a big leap of faith. What if there is no "meant to be"? What if I'm meant to stay in hairdressing and it's just her opinion that I should be elsewhere? Am I reading into it what I want to hear? Am I just freaking out and looking for excuses not to stretch myself into new territories? I think yes to the last one at least. Also that reality is creeping into my happy ever after fantasy. I plan to reread the chapter on unrealistic expectations in my effort free life book. Till then more research, and get my CV together. No point rejecting myself until they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment