Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Just a bit off
I was a bit standoffish this morning. I have weekends where I seem to run a very low panic vibe the whole time, this is one of them. Noises bug me more, and I get twitchy, I really should just be on my own, but I had the kids and D with me. It makes me nervous when I feel like this because I remember what I like about living alone. I get to control my environment. I choose when to say something to the kids if they misbehave. When to have the t.v. on or just play music. I can just read and not have someone else in the house. That said, D did nothing wrong, he cooked dinner and bought treats and minded the stuff while I ran around at the water park. He even cleaned the dishes after. I guess I don't want to get into the habit of being in the house for the sake of being in the same house. I like the idea of dating more, where we get to do something together, then go our separate ways. Maybe when he lives just down the road it will be easier to have our time outs and then come back when we're ready to do stuff together again. Being together in one house is better for the family though, and this weekend was good family time, we just didn't do a lot together as a couple. Only a little more than two months left on my lease. So how do I make it feel like dating again when we have two kids, and all the mundane chores to be done, as well as me needing time out after spending my working week with so many people?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment