Monday, September 28, 2009

She called me again this afternoon, to say" I know I said I wasn't going to call but........" There's this other family in southport (not too far away from where I live) who she wasn't going to accept because she's a friend, but she has decided to supervise her childs program. Another low functioning autistic, without speech. She wanted permission to forward my details to her also. She is going to write up a program while she is away. Hopefully I will hear from one of the mothers before the 22nd when she gets back. and will meet with her on the 29th. I am pretty confident that she will reccommend me for both these families based on my enthusiasm to learn. She has told her friend that I have no prior experience but she will train me for her child. Now the scary bit will be informing my work. I am still not sure exactly what I will be expecting of them, but if it backfires and they fire me, I still have my holiday pay and my savings. I will be able to devote that time to training and building up skills and if needed, more clients.
I know to some this is going to sound like a really stupid move. Leaving a well paid job that I am good at and trained in, for a job that pays less and I have no experience in, that is a demanding job with high responsibility. On the plus side I won't have to sell. My value is dependent on how well I train the children, not on how well I recommend other services and products. I have felt this year that the salon has become more sales focused. Hopefully this job will be more flexible with hours that suit school times, not tourist trade. I hate working extra hours at Christmas when I would rather be making rocky road and listening to Christmas Carols. Another down side is the therapist job being casual, and having to work longer hours to make the same money. This will hopefully be offset by living with D and not being the sole breadwinner. Not so much pressure on me to fill that role, I can do the mum stuff too. Being available on Thursday nights to watch school concerts. Hopefully there on Saturdays too eventually. Time to cut D's hair. I discovered Aurora cut her hair today, so she had a haircut too. Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment