Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I didn't do any drawing or painting this week, but I did get my guitar out. I felt sorry for it being all dusty in my spare room. I also set a challenge for D to play me a song. I have always liked lead singers, but never dated one, so that's as close as I get to dating a musician.
I used my kids keyboard to work out the chords to a Dylan song, that I have heard The Waifs cover . I also worked out a Kasey Chambers song from the B side of one of her singles, Lonely. This is also the first time trying to video myself play. I don't have a microphone on my computer so I just used my camera. You can tell I don't know the lyrics yet. I can really hear the loose strings on my guitar when I play it back. That's because I have had it now for 0ver 10 years and it still has the original strings. I had to wipe the sweat from my hands half way through as well. It wasn't that hot out, but I had all the windows shut so the neighbours wouldn't hear me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, you have a good voice! I had no idea. Now for your next act... open the windows so the neighbours CAN hear you. And can we see your smile? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was funny/awkward watching my face when I played it back. I don't smile do I? I was trying to remember the chords. I can get a bit loud when practicing, and playing the same song over while I work out the music would get very annoying to neighbours. I remember having a neighbour practice violin. Excruciating! Great when she played a whole song though

    ReplyDelete