Monday, October 26, 2009

My eulogy

I haven't the time to devote to answering this question properly myself, but I thought I would note it down to ensure I got around to it eventually. When I die, what do I want people to think about my life? I don't know that I want a funeral, but the original was what would you want them to say at your funeral? I think it was rules of successful people or something. Think about the different roles you play to different people, and which ones are important to you. Like what do I want my kids to say, my parents, my siblings, my coworkers. Do I really want to be remembered for giving a good haircut? Not really, I would however like to be remembered for using my time to help others. Maybe that a child that I worked with, grew up to remember that I helped them. Or my sister that I was there for her. That I used my brain to good purpose, and life was better for me having been around. What will my legacy be? The idea behind it is that once you visit the ghosts of Christmas future, you will begin to live your life in a way that will result in people seeing you in that light. Also it should help you focus on which roles are most important to you.
I was a bit disheartened to hear that the family I got in contact with today lives much further away than I had realised. Hopefully it is just a small hurdle, if I have enough work in the area to make the drive worthwhile, the gained experience will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment