Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Emotions

Another thing I forgot to add last night, was about emotions. Part of Temple's book Animals in Translation was saying emotion is always linked to reason and logic. You feel like you're using logic, but you're actually using logic guided by emotion. You just aren't aware of the emotion. One bit of evidence was that people with high intelligence who lost their ability to have a gut feeling through damage to the frontal lobe, couldn't function in society. They couldn't make decisions using logic alone. Fear anger happy, emotions tell you what outcome to expect from certain actions therefore you can choose which action to take. T(hinkers) have emotions that relate to objects and F(eeling) have emotions that relate to people and relationships. Obviously that's oversimplifying but that's what made the use of words to describe objects or feelings stand out to me. This might explaing some of the confusion I had over deciding which one I was when doing my own profile. I was definitely thinking of human relationships to evaluate good and bad perceptions, but wasn't aware of the emotions driving the evaluation because I was using logic and reasoning. I thought being feeling meant I wasn't using logic. Just as being thinking doesn't mean you don't use emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment