Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why worry.

I had a day at home today. I feel a little guilty for two reasons. One, because we could do with the money at the moment. Which I guess is not really guilt, but regret. Maybe I shouldn't spent money on the movies though. Second, is because I wished it out loud. I was meant to be looking after D today, and I only get the one day a week with him. I became sick on Sunday, so I cancelled my first appointment Monday to have time to recover, which I needed. On my way to my afternoon appointment I said "I really do wish I could have a holiday soon". I just wanted some time to not have to plan what to do, or try to be entertaining. That night I got a call from D's mum, saying he was quite ill, and not to come tomorrow, and while I was in the movie today, A's mum called to say they were both sick and not to come tomorrow morning either. I moved my afternoon appointment earlier tomorrow, but I still a get a slower start to my morning, and will be home with the kids in the afternoon. When my husband finds work again, I will feel better about taking some time off to not do anything. I really meant to do it at Christmas, but I was just starting to work with these families, and was so keen to be researching and working. We sold the boat we bought last year. Having never been out in it. Hopefully we can use the money to pay for a holiday. We haven't been away as a family for years it seems. I know we went to Murwillumbah, was it two years ago, but we didn't really do much together, as my husband was there for a car race of some sort, and had friends staying in the same place. Me and Aurora just did our own thing. I think it may have been 2003 when we last went away, just for the sake of a family holiday, with no other side project. It was before my digital camera in 2004 anyway. I think maybe is was our Bribie Island stay. I remember a photo of Aurora and Jaiden in our hotel room, and a trip to underwater world. One day I want to take a proper holiday. Even our honeymoon, was only a weekend away, and a year late. When I was living alone I had some of my savings put aside, for just such a holiday. Maybe I wouldn't have done it. I am pretty reluctant to spend my money on things, just in case we need them for the important things like rent and food and education etc. Hopefully with a lucky break, and some spontaneity on my behalf I will get that memorable holiday one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment