I have been keeping up with my weekly walks with the family. I thought I'd share some photos . Both kids like taking photos, and my daughter has inherited my sisters old digital camera. We might actually be able to keep a better visual memory of our time from now on. These ones are from mothers day last week. We went up to Mount Tambourine. After driving around looking at houses views and wineries, we stopped into a cafe for breakfast and had a wander around the shops that were beginning to open. The original plan was to go to the markets, but I knew I would have heaps of time before my Mum and sister arrived. They still hadn't left home when we finished breakfast so we set off for a walk at Witches Falls. A 3km round trip 1/2 down hill, then all the way back up. These mountains were mostly made through volcanic activity and then eroded to become what we know today. It was amazing to see massive boulders that had slid down the cliff face hundreds of years ago, and had ancient trees grown over and around them. You can feel pretty small in the rainforest, but I like the tiny things too, like these mushrooms, and the little curled fern fronds, and moss.
Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
I have been keeping up with my weekly walks with the family. I thought I'd share some photos . Both kids like taking photos, and my daughter has inherited my sisters old digital camera. We might actually be able to keep a better visual memory of our time from now on. These ones are from mothers day last week. We went up to Mount Tambourine. After driving around looking at houses views and wineries, we stopped into a cafe for breakfast and had a wander around the shops that were beginning to open. The original plan was to go to the markets, but I knew I would have heaps of time before my Mum and sister arrived. They still hadn't left home when we finished breakfast so we set off for a walk at Witches Falls. A 3km round trip 1/2 down hill, then all the way back up. These mountains were mostly made through volcanic activity and then eroded to become what we know today. It was amazing to see massive boulders that had slid down the cliff face hundreds of years ago, and had ancient trees grown over and around them. You can feel pretty small in the rainforest, but I like the tiny things too, like these mushrooms, and the little curled fern fronds, and moss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment