I have returned to my computer after bailing out on a movie my husband brought home. It was an end of the world type story with no food, man turned to cannibalism story. I still like happy endings in my movies.
My mood has been buzzy today. I have been contemplating applying to the local University to begin a Bachelor of Psychology. If my husband was working I would have applied today, since there is a mid-year intake, and there are only 2 weeks left before final offers. Any sort of deadline makes me a little flustered. Ideally I would speak to a careers counseller at the Uni, before applying. I fired off a brief email to one of the supervisors about future study options. I think I am just giving her an option to advise me not to do it. The other one has already told me she thinks it would be a waste if I didn't study one day.
Maybe July is too soon. I worry about the deadline causing me to make a rash decision. Studying Psychology has been a desire of mine since 10th or 11th grade though. It is the one field I always return to and can always find interest in. I left high-school 17 years ago, but always let circumstances get in the way. Missed out by one point, then wanted to move out, then needed to earn money, got married, had kids. Each seemed to say, not now, it's not the right time. At 33 years of age I still have a lot of working days left, and I don't want to regret not doing it. Even if I was a housewife for a few years while the kids go through school, that will end with me having plenty of productive years ahead.
My questions concern the outcomes. Will recieving a reduced income while I study, and having to pay for my education, be offset by my projected income. I was earning about 50,000 a year, by the end of my hairdressing career. Where will I be in 10 years after beginning this journey. Hopefully in a higher pay bracket, that will support my lifestyle and retirement, and assist in my childrens education. Also in a role serving the community, and also satisfying my need to learn. I like that there is both the research, and the application of psychology as an option, should I tire of working entirely in the application.
I still believe in things happening for a reason. Is this why I may be made to wait? Will the excitement for the idea fade in 6 months? If I believed in "law of attraction" I would have to apply. By waiting in case my husband is not working in a months time, am I helping to make it true? If I go ahead and do it, will that confidence help him get the right job? My faith is not as strong as it has been in the past. Is my reluctance a way to avoid testing my ability to perform? Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought, or I've led people to believe. Maybe I can't follow through for 4 years. I guess I stuck with hairdressing for over 11.
Tomorrow I am doing my Mum's cut and colour. I tried to be a good daughter this morning by inviting her over for pancakes with the family. She only lives a short walk away now, with my Dad, so I will see how I cope with having them both so close.
Oh well, a bit more research before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment