Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last minute chaos

What a morning! I couldn't sleep last night. My husband snores when he drinks beer. It's now a confirmed cause and effect. I had thoughts running through my head about what I needed to do do today, new years eve. I had realised my sister would be away tomorrow, and I agreed to work, so organise child care options, especially as my mum is with her too. Tell D that I didn't want him to transfer paperwork into my name, in case it interuppted the vacation care payments for each Thursday. Usually I can write it all down to clear my head and focus on my breath. The snoring put me off though, and I eventually got up and took my pillows into my sons queen size bed. Peace! Then I got up early, with Jaiden staring at me wondering why I was in his bed. Cooked ham and eggs for breakfast. (Finally done with the leftovers from Christmas) Made lunches, repotted a plant, tidied the front entrance, put therapy toolbox in my car and drove off to vacation care....which was closed. The gates were locked, no one inside. Was I late for an excursion? They usually don't leave till 9. I rang another mum. They are shut until 4 January! How could I have missed that! So with no other options, I had to ring the mother of my therapy child and cancelled. I hate cancelling, but she was really good about it. I don't feel as anxious as I could have been. I had a few moments as my "indoors only" cat discovered that the 2nd storey bathroom window was open wide enough to escape. Then my daughter stood on a shard of broken glass. The day is now freed up to get some more stuff done. I even have a free movie ticket to use by today if there is a kids movie on. I can get to the park earlier to get a spot for this evenings entertainment, and the kids can use the new shoe wheels I bought for them yesterday. All in all I think I am adapting well to the years last ditch effort to throw some chaos at me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! I'm glad the mum was understanding. I also have to learn to flow with chaos.

    ReplyDelete