Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have intentions for a fantastic 2010


kids in the park at last years new years festivities

New years day tomorrow. We plan to walk down to the water tomorrow afternoon, after I get home from work. There is a stage set up for some local entertainment, usually a sausage sizzle, and fireworks at 9. Plenty of families around. I will bring our picnic blanket, set up a spot, eat down there, and have a drink. I never see midnight in, so this suits me fine. I also wake up bright and early on the first morning of the new year. I think it sets a better precedent than a sleep in and hangover. So what resolutions do I have?

My intentions for 2010.
  • Be more present for my kids.
  • Enjoy the company of my husband
  • Bring a creative spark to my new job
  • Limit anxiety
  • Make time to make things
  • Appreciate the extra time I have while the kids are home
  • Limit time spent in the "technical world"
I think that is enough. Too many and I won't be able to focus on any of them with real intent. I should do a ROBERTA with each one. It is an acronym for a tool to help you achieve goals. It is from this course I ordered.
  • R - Rest in the NOW. (the Eckhart Tolle kind of now) accept that it is the way it is and be truly ok with that.
  • O - Objective. My intention. Stated in a sensory way as if it already is. e.g.How does it actually look, feel, sound when I am being present with my kids.
  • B - Beliefs. What beliefs do I have that are sabotaging my success? e.g I don't really have enough time. I'm too introverted. I get sidetracked by my own stuff.
  • E - Empowering beliefs. Ones to replace the limiting ones. e.g. I can make time once I see my priorities laid out clearly, and schedule time to do the things that are important to me.
  • R - Rung. Of the ladder. What is the next step to take, to move towards my goal? e.g. write a list of activities that I can conceivably do on a regular basis, that would get me actively involved with the kids.
  • T - Take the next step. Visualise myself doing this. Know that I am going to make time to write this list tomorrow morning, and will probably have half the list written in my head by the time I shower tonight.
  • A - Accept a miracle. Accept that once you are open to something new, opportunities will present themselves to you. Ways to fulfil your next step, sometimes in ways you didn't expect.
Too late to do them all tonight. Maybe that is a plan for New Years Day. Oh and another thought I had before. My husband has a ticket in the big 30 million lotto. I was playing the what I would do with 30 million. One was to do a psych degree, part time so I can still do the mum thing how I want. The other was to do a carpentry course so I could oversee the building of an alternative materials holiday home. I have had little dreams of teepees and hobbit homes, beach shacks and straw bale homes. When you have dreams like these which seem unobtainable, hence the 30million, I think that I should be finding small ways to include them into my life. Lets start with a little no-dig garden bed, a tangible and measurable goal. And maybe become better aquainted with the nearest recycling station. Maybe 2010 can be the year of "just how cheap can I get!"

1 comment: