Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dreaming of attempted kidnappings.

A recurring theme in my dreams of the last few days has been attempted kidnappings. In one I was watching the news of a wanted man seen with a younger male, and then later when I was going to my car in a carpark a man asked me to lean into his car to help him with directions. I refused and yelled out to another lady in the car park. The man in the car took off and I tried to get his plates but I always have problems with numbers when I dream. He was a bearded older man that I recognised from the news earlier. I think no one else was taking it seriously but I knew he was trying to abduct me.
Then last night I was walking down the street and passed a outdoors "church" gathering of some sort. I was listening to their music and the admiring the pretty crafts as I walked. A girl was leaving but stopped to ask if she could show me around. She was very nice but I remember thinking that she would have been told to approach any interested passers by as an evangelist. It seemed harmless so I went along with her up to the house. There was a lady there and I remember something about glitter and pearl. I think I went through to a bathroom or something and read a poem on the wall in rainbow coloured writing with a pearly glaze over it. The first passage was harmless but when I rubbed the pearlly stuff it revealed a more sinister verse underneath. I knew she was trying to trap me and I had to trick her into thinking I didn't know what she was up to. I stayed and painted a mural on the wall with the pearly paints like I was enjoying myself and I think I might have run but I can't remember if I got away. I also remember walking through the field with my eyes shut. The church people thought maybe I was blind. The woman reminds me of the witch in the Hansel and Gretel story, luring me in with shiny things and pretty music then not letting me go. I often can't open my eyes in dreams, like part of me knows I am still in a sleeping body with my eyes shut. I can always see what is going on but no amount of effort will let me open them. This dream was a clinger. I kept drifting back into it, and it felt bad. When D tried to kiss me goodbye i jumped.
Does part of me feel like it is being trapped and wants to escape? In both cases there was deception from the kidnapper, rather than force. One male, one female but both older. I have driven past a Bahai church that looked interesting and talked about many faiths that I was thinking of looking up. Am I nervous that religion will suck me in? Hmm I don't think it was about religion. More about mistrust and being duped.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those dreams drive me batty when I am trying to open my eyes but can't. This dream is so full and complex!

    ReplyDelete