Sunday, January 25, 2009

Surfing



Today I got to mark off one of my goals. I have wanted to give surfing a go for years but have always put it off. My husband booked me a surfing lesson as a birthday gift, and today was one of the best days ever. An experiential gift suits me much better, and I will remember this day forever, hopefull because it will change the way I spend my free time. I can't wait to get back out there and practice the things I learned. I feel that good feeling you get after a little excercise and a sense of satisfaction that I actually stood up on the board. I found out that the surf school also rents out the soft learner boards that I used today. I will see if I wake up achy tomorrow and what the weather is like before I commit to tomorrow but definately next weekend I want to get out there again. I also got to eat at my favourite beachside cafe today, and found a great new pub with good food that has comedy nights. I have found it a little hard to get my head around the new move closer to the broadwater. This gives me some fuel for my fantasies. I have already looked at some easy roof racks for transporting my yet nonexistent board to the beach in the mornings. Aurora, my daughter, said she would like to learn to surf when she joins nippers. That is the junior version of the surf club, which I will be able to get her into next summer. I can't wait. Also for my birthday I got a new quilt cover and matching towels, all in the beige colours I envisioned for my new house. While the urgency for a new bedroom suite and towels is no longer there it still helps with the new beginnings we can have when we move. I also got a 4 piece dinner set with a blue frangipanni print on it that seems rather beachy. I always liked the shabby bleached timber and varying biscuit tones that beaches seem to represent. All the colours of the beach will be my palette.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to hear so much optimism in your voice. You sound rejuvenated!

    ReplyDelete