Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Hopefull for the future, new beginnings
Lately when I write things down the universe conspires to bring it all about, whether I am ready for it or not. I was talking to Kelly from Kikipotomus the Hobo about living in a separate house from my husband. Half in jest really. Well jest no more, as we really are going our separate ways. I have been going through a million emotions. Feeling like my heart has been ripped out, when I think about splitting up my family and wondering if we are not just making the biggest mistake ever. Thinking that this might be good for us since we seem to get on better when we spend more time apart. Thinking this just might be the end of us as a couple, but continuing on as friends. I am scared that we will still argue about where we will both live and send the kids to school. I am not looking forward to going to the kids school where everyone knows Daren and not me. I don't really want to run into his friend from school even though there is nothing wrong with her, it would just be awkward. My ideal fantasy of how this works out is that I get a place somewhere near my sister. Either with a pool in the complex or walking distance from the waterfront beach area. He will stay on the farm and get a job in one of the warehouses in the area as it is a real growth area for business. He can keep his dogs and his car and his isolation, and most of all we can find a school handy to both so the kids can build a life in this area and make friends. Neither of us will feel resentful of the others advantage and we can keep a really strong relationship caring for our kids cooperatively. Both of us can have a life to pursue our own interests and tastes, and create a balanced life with the kids. The kids will like having two houses to choose from and since neither is too far from the other we have room to be flexible with the sleeping arrangements from time to time. We still spend Christmas and birthdays as a family, and have outings from time to time and can hang around for changeovers of the kids and help each other out with the school stuff. I will have my sister near by to take advantage of the outdoor lifestyle and everyones health improves from not having stress. Eventually we will either both fall back in love with each other, or find other loves in our lives. I believe it can all work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It definitely can all work out. My heart goes out to you at such a scary time of change.
ReplyDelete