Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
The Game.
Ever since I read this post about "The Game". I have been watching episodes of the Pick-up Artist. They use body language and status markers to appear as an alpha male, and therefore tap into her instinct to find a man of higher social value than her. While some of the methods involve straight out deceit, a lot of it is just learning how to" fake it till you make it". It sort of explains the very common habit of only wanting someone, who doesn't want you. If someone isn't pining after you, then they must be of higher value than you and have other options. This makes them desirable. I know I do this. They use non-threatening body language, and watch for markers of compliance in the woman. Some of the tools could be used in any social circumstance, just for making new friends. I am not the sort of person who can enter into a conversation with a group of people I have never met, and this show taught guys to do just that. I'm curious to know if these tactics would work for a female trying to gain interest without a sexual context. ( I think it would be helpful for my clients to have a girl-crush on me. he he.) Unfortunately male attraction to women is based on health indicators and reproductive ability. So hip to waist ratio, symmetry, breasts, appearance in general. Harder to fake than status. It is possible that these tactics only work on a particular type of female though. I would like to think that I would be harder to impress than a few status cues, but maybe evolutionary patterns would prevail. I have requested the book from the library, and now just have to wait for someone else to return their copy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment