Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
A successful day.
Yay, this little boy might be my new favourite. He was able to get through 5 hours, without it being painful for me. He thinks I'm funny and he likes my toys, so we are off to a great start. I was able to convince him to sit at the table, in order to play with my toys. There was complaining, but nothing like what the other two boys give me. He actually has quite a few things he likes. Dinosaurs, sea animals, water,chase games and fart noises. He is the first of mine to be a little tactile sensitive tiptoeing with the grass underfoot. My most successful game was filling bottles with water and then putting the lids back on. He likes to tip them out but couldn't open them, so he would hand it to me and make a sound like oohda, then when he looked at me I would say "Open", and he would smile and get to tip the water out. He hasn't learnt to apply the rule to make me give over toys that he wants yet. I might have to stick to using the look to perform actions to begin with. The superviser called when I had begun working with him this morning. The public holiday had thrown her schedule out, but the mum printed off the program for me to follow. I managed without it though really. I will have more time to look it over at home and get a data sheet written up. The family seems lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw nice!
ReplyDelete