
I meet the new family tomorrow. I keep expecting to find a new email from the supervisor, but no sign yet. Maybe she's taking an Easter break. I will interpret the silence as a vote of confidence. I will spend tomorrow trying out all sorts of things, to see what he likes, and what gets his attention. When I began Aaron's program. We worked on getting him to look, both at me and at the materials we worked with. Then I guess I get him used to the idea of doing something easy in order to get a repeat of the things he likes. A gesture, a look, a grunt. My program with C has shown how important the reinforcement and compliance is to a program. I will try to incorporate a few different locations into this program as well. I find it limiting to be restricted to A's bedroom, but outside there are too many distractions, and so far only tv as a reinforcer. I think I should work on a few more outside reinforcers if I can get around the dog problem. Maybe even a local park if there is one. Now that I have agreed to travel out to get to this program. C's mum has told me that his SEDU doesn't start until 12 on Tuesdays. Maybe I could have done 9-11:30 and not travelled so far. She certainly would be happy if I could do that. Today C walked over a wobbly plank, holding my hand. The challenges of these parks are soon going to be too easy for him. Hmm, lots of nice trees to climb, I may create a monster out of him though if I have to scale trees to get him down all the time though.
No comments:
Post a Comment