Sunday, March 21, 2010

Common sense rules to live by.

We need to make plastic into stuff we really want to last forever. Plastic lasts a long, long time. Let’s make stuff out of it that we want to be around, and if we have to have throwaways, let’s make them completely biodegrade so you can throw them into the compost pile and get rid of them.
I know that is complete common sense, but it really struck me. It is not as big as saying don't use plastic at all. If it only needs to last a day then don't use something that will last a lifetime. I like having a set of rules to assist in making choices. If it is plastic, how long do I expect to be using it for? Not long? find an alternative. I am glad that Nando's, my fast food of choice, gives me my food in cardboard and paper. I still need to improve on my big grocery shops though. I have always remembered in highschool a girl whose grandmother made her this awesome floppy hat out of old bread bags crochet together.

No comments:

Post a Comment