I either have had great luck, or my power of intention is in full force with the new job. There is an exciting new program to work on, and the director of the therapy programs would really like to have me placed with that child. Also because Nina mayl not be running C's program much longer, she wants to make sure she has me with her programs more. I take that as a confidence boost that she is happy to keep me to herself, and feels comfortable to confide in me. She also wanted to make sure I don't burn myself out doing too much for some clients. I told her though, that I have had that conversation before with my salon managers. It may be a control issue on my behalf, that it just seems easier to do things myself to ensure they are done the way I want. She said she could relate. The luck bit of that, is that I am relieved to have another therapist on board with C, so not feel like I am abandoning him. The new therapist can get to his house, and he now also has two days of Special Education. I am hoping for Monday /Tuesday as his spec. ed. placement. So we will see if the "luck" holds out.
I may be able to include my daughter in the program with the new girl. Until S finds some own age peers, Aurora can socialise while I guide S through the appropriate behaviours in a fun way. She is intrigued by what I do, and does learning drills on her cousin and "babysits" her. She will enjoy the responsibility, I will enjoy being able to do something with her. Jaiden was keen too, but I had to tell him he was too old, and a boy, so did not fit the criteria. It wont be much of her program, but still an occasional play date to generalise her learning. The service provider was keen when she called me today to see how it could work.
This is such cool news. I don't think this is luck so much as the natural unfolding as your supervisor sees your skills, dedication, smarts and energy. Sometimes the world is fair!
ReplyDelete