Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Ode to greek yoghurt.
I am in love with greek yoghurt. It is my new favourite food to have in the fridge. I never have taken to coleslaw, because it is so heavy on the dressing I think, but I have been eating heaps ever since I learned to make my own with greek yoghurt. Once I borrowed my sisters mandolin to slice the veggies, it was a snap to make. I julienne carrots, radish, and broccoli stem. Slice the schallots, red and white cabbage, and celery. In a cup of greek yoghurt mix a big spoon of honey, and a little squeeze of lime, stir it all in and there you have it. Creamy but not sickly so. I still only use half the dressing for the amount of salad I make, so tonight I boiled some baby potatoes and eggs to make a potato salad. I added some chives and bacon and it was delicious. I added some yoghurt to some scrambled eggs the other day. The possibilities are out there. Mayo is 80ish% fat, compared to 9%for full fat yoghurt, so that is just another bonus. Oh I do love my food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wonder if Greek yogurt is similar to Persian yogurt. I have had the latter but never heard of the former.
ReplyDelete