Ok I've had my cry and will probably still stress for the weekend, but I don't like leaving things on such a low note. On the upside, C's mum has enlisted the help of a new program director from Autism Partnership. I have been reading a book put out by the originators of their program and it is very insightful and full of great tips. She has got C's mum all excited about getting him onto a functional program, and is going to take us through a full day of training. (which is something I missed out on, being thrown straight into both programs) It is on Saturday, which is my day with the kids, and she can't afford to pay me my hourly rate for the day, but I could do with some direction in his program and it just might be the fine tuning I need to improve on A's program too. Now I just need to find a babysitter for the day. Hopefully my mum can come through.
Oh, and this is such an Ego thing, I know. Why should I feel so hurt when I can't do something? Is it a reflection on my character? or my effort? No! So suck it up sunshine, and learn from it, or move on.
Oh, I know, criticism is SO hard. But you're right. Learn from it and move on, learn from it and move on. Nobody starts out being an expert. You're not one, I'm not one. Maybe five or ten years from now, you'll be the expert. Or maybe you'll have moved onto something else. But for now, you're very new to this. I hope you can cut yourself some slack, relax and welcome the constructive criticism. Be eager for it. Take good notes. Show that you can take in the advice and use it. But yeah, it's no fun and I do feel for you.
ReplyDelete