

I realise this is interesting to no-one but me, but I have really enjoyed preparing meals for me and the kids this last month or so. The dishes are quite simple, but I enjoy eating them, and giving the kids something different to eat. It really is a nice gift to be able to give the family to be able to cook for them. I have not been responsible for the meals for the last few years, so only cook occasionally and usually the same meals, frittata, grilled fish, pancakes. This year I have taken an extra day to spend with family. I decided I should keep record of some of the dishes I enjoyed serving so I can add them into the mix. This was salmon and sweet potato cakes. I bought some gluten free flour for the first time, and used cornflake crumbs mixed with dukka for the coating instead of breadcrumbs. Served with sweet chilli sauce and salad, it was delicious. The kids said I should have been on Masterchef. Another bonus is that to add more Earth to my life I should be cooking from scratch more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment