So, what do you think of this car? My husband just pointed it out as a possibility for my get to work vehicle. I try not to get excited about these things. In fact I usually tell him not to show me until I know I can have it. But it's pretty cute huh? And, it has roof racks to fit my surf board. Did I tell you I have a surfboard? I haven't actually seen it yet, but it fits the criteria I had set for a board. 7"6 mini mal. The receptionist in my salon has a partner who is a mad keen surfer and who has been working part time in a surf shop. He seems quite keen to have a potential protege, so he sourced me a board. Having no real experience, I trusted his judgement when he said it was a good deal. Him and the boys have been polishing it up ready for me apparently. I will hopefully be able to take it out on Sunday. Hopefully on this car! And both this car and the one my hubby is looking at for Himself, can be taken off road, when I want to go to Stradbroke or Moreton Island one day.I still have days when I feel a little unsure about where our future is headed. I guess I do the same thing in my life where I try to not get too excited or attatched to a certain idea, to protect myself if it doesn't happen. I think it's all going to be ok though.
I have discovered an Achilles heel. Don't tell me I am a bad mother! (This didn't come from my husband, by the way) Of all the things that have been said about me ever, most slide right off my back, but that one hit a nerve. Probably because I often worry that I am. This year I plan to be a whole lot more involved in my kids day to day activities, thanks to taking one extra day off work a week. I also want to plan my year well in advance, to request special days off for birthdays and concerts and the like, because my job usually requires 6 weeks notice in advance for days off. Being a parent really does mean feeling guilty for the rest of your life.
Another exciting moment for me is when my daughter told me she found Jaiden in the playground, and he was playing with James. I am so glad he managed to upgrade from being an in class buddy, to playground buddy. His finding friends has been the biggest worry with changing schools this year.
Next week I start my shorter week, I hope to plan a few meals, get some housework done, and show my kids I am here for them. I can't wait.
You sound so much more invested in your family life these days. Oh, and the vehicle is adorable. I'll cross my fingers!
ReplyDelete