Today I got my surfboard. I haven't had the chance to take it out yet, but I gave it a few hugs on the way home. At first I thought I might miss out again, because I couldn't get a hold of the guy who had my board on his mobile. I was determined to get my board though and I don't think Hubby had plans to go home without it either. We spent the morning on the beach. Currumbin really is a great beach to learn to surf on. It has a sheltered area where the waves just roll in gently and consistently. Even on a Monday like today there where a few learners in close to shore and a few more experienced surfers out the back. Anyhow, turns out that my surf contact was out surfing himself, and he called when he got back in. The board looks great and he got me the wax and a little comb for scuffing up the surface to stop me slipping. Next weekend he wants to give me a few more surf safety lessons. Tomorrow I want to take my board down to the local beach and have a bit of a paddle out on it. I can't wait to have a go in my own time and just play with it. Lucky for me this will be my first short work week, so I don't have to wait a whole week to play. Jim also got me a sticker that says "LIFE IS BETTER WHEN YOU SURF". I can't wait to stick it on my car.
Now to find Jaiden's swim gear for his swim lessons with school tomorrow. Both my kids had friends to play with at lunch time today. These are the things that make me happy.
What a joyful post! Glad you are getting safety lessons. Do be careful out there. :)
ReplyDelete