Friday, December 19, 2008

ramblings



I thought I would have another scribble for the day. Get into the habit of doing this on a regular basis. The book is one I was given years ago, with handmade paper. the lines and flecks are grass and flowers and the like. I might think about getting some paints out soon.
It is busy at work at the moment. I have enjoyed it lately, but there are staff changes at the moment which I never enjoy. People who take sick days at work are often viewed with suspicion. Apparently I don't always see the bad behaviour of staff. I think I see the pot calling the kettle black. No one in a hair salon could say they never gossiped about anybody. It seems to me that the ones who do the most gossiping are the ones who take the most offense to it. Oh well. The new girl is quite cute and bubbly. I'm not sure yet if I like her. No one ever seems to like the new people straight away. I usually stay busy for a while and watch them interact from a distance before I make any great attempt at getting to know them. It saves backpeddling if I decide we don't mesh. I think so far she is a little too expressive for me to be very comfortable with her. She blew a harmonica while I spoke to her this morning. Just cause. She is also American and has a certain brashness and cockiness I associate with some Americans. Admittedly I have a very limited experience with Americans, but this seems to be a desirable quality in their culture, as being laid back is an assumed Aussie culture. I will see how things go. It will be nice to have a break after Christmas for everything to settle in.

1 comment:

  1. As an American now living in my adopted and preferred home of Canada, I can echo your impression of Americans as a valid generalization, though there are always exceptions. Strange, though, blowing a harmonica while someone is talking to you. I think that would be considered rude in any culture.

    ReplyDelete