Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Follow me to everlasting life
I was reading an old post on kelly's blog, where she speaks about the voices of her ego preserving their existence. It served to remind me of the message of many religions, that the life of ego will die when this body does, and only by finding the part of us that exists outside of ego will we know the part of us that will have eternal life. In the movie What dreams may come, Robin Williams has to save his wife from hell, where she lives entirely in her recreations of the ego. I wonder how much easier my life would be if I could accept these teachings without having to find a frame of reference that I could rationalise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment