Sunday, July 11, 2010

A bit of superficiality for the weekend



I drew some pictures, and my daughter joined me. I Must remember she is only 7, and not try to give her too many tips. I did get her to use some different materials though, and to use her craft books as inspiration, rather than to copy directly. My guitar on the other hand, sounds terrible. Hopefully, that's because I haven't restrung it in about 12 years, not because my playing is just getting worse. I still stuck at it for a while. Eventually I gave up, and let my playlist randomly select music to listen to. That made me feel better. If only it wasn't so cold in this room in winter I would do that even more often. My husband and I took Aurora out for a dinner date last night while my son was at a sleep over. I had been feeling a bit invisible lately. It has been about 7 months since I last worked in the salon, where I would get dressed up and put on my face each day. I went to the local op-shop and found some clothes to play with and trimmed my hair into shape and made up my face. Aurora got to dress up in her most over the top dress and wore some lipgloss too.

We dined in a fine dining restaurant. My duck spring rolls, with hoisin sauce and coriander pesto was delicious. The chef made me an alternate salad to go with my BBQ bugs since the mint in an thai salad usually puts me off. It was lovely and spicy with lots of crisp bean sprouts. I was a little disappointed with my sticky date pudding, but luckily D offered to swap his chocolate fondant which was biscuity on the outside, and gooey on the inside. I felt bad about Jaiden not getting to partake in the whole experience, so when we picked him up this morning, we took off down the coast to shop and go out for yum cha. We have been meaning to take the kids to yum cha for at least a year now, but never got around to it. I wasn't particularly looking forward to the food. I imagined a lot of gluggy fried and doughy food, but was happy to find some yummy green beans, and prawn rice paper rolls, that were deep fried and sprinkled with sesame seeds, that were perfect.
The shopping trip was a success also with new jeans found for D to wear to his new job tomorrow. I also managed to find a flashing lights marble run, to use in therapy tomorrow. I have been wanting to get one that could be built cooperatively with the child, the lights are a bonus. Aurora and I both got a pretty top. Jaiden got new Hi top boots to get around in (his sneakers look like they are about to fall apart) and a cool trilby hat. We are going to play Karaoke next with the new microphones and music we picked up for the xbox. School olidays are almost over, and I barely feel like they have begun. Next term I am going to take a week off with them.

1 comment:

  1. New job? That's good news. Congratulations to him! It's fun to get prettied up now and then. The meals sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete