Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Sitting in front of the tv (during the childbirth scene in Glee) I explained what it meant to have your waters break. (I compared it to the white in an egg, and the egg cracked, for a 7 and 8 year old) This got Jaiden asking why him and his sister were not more similar, since they are both from D and I. I pointed out that they are both a mixed bag of the both of us, just with different bits each. Jaiden has my colouring but D's build, and my love of books. Aurora has her fathers Malaysian colouring, but some of my features. I pointed out that her personality was all her own, meaning that she is more extroverted than me, but before I could explain she said "yeah, because I like to draw lots and sing." I had to stop and think for a second, because I love to do those things. But I don't DO them. My guitar has been neglected, and I haven't picked up my pencils for a long time. I should have taken the easel Mum kept for me, but I said I had no room. No room, or no time. Always my excuse. I used to get in trouble for talking a lot too. Which I told her. She was relieved, I think, that I could relate. "But I never get onto a step for it though" she assured me. I used to take forever to eat, like her. I sang in my room, which was always messy. I think that our personalities are more similar than I had thought. I just got distracted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment