Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Life's good.
I haven't been around here much lately, have I? Not much to say I guess. One possibility is that I am baing more honest in my relationships, so I have less to unburden on here. Life is pretty good at the moment. My husband is working full time in a pet supply store. I have taken over the general running of the house, and the main share of meal preparation and cooking. It doesn't feel overwhelming, despite not working any less hours. I think because I can decide how and when everything gets done. I am still doing well at my job. The parents all seem to appreciate me, and the children are making progress. My children actually look forward to their one afternoon a fortnight in after school care. I have had thoughts about hairdressing again, at some point. It still has the same drawbacks as ever, but it seems easier to see them clearly after stepping back. My current job is more "real" now that I have been doing it for 9 months. As opposed to being the fantasy of what you think a job will be. I anticipate changes around Christmas at any rate. My two days a week family is going to Korea, and the child I spend most of my other time with, will be in school. The school doesn't allow a therapist to be brought in privately, which I can understand if they have qualified aides in the position. One of my supervisors has mentioned changing my role with her to involve spending one day a week with a range of families as a lead therapist. Helping to push through their programs, and help the parents to implement the tasks day to day. I don't have as much contact with her lately though, seemingly due to a glitch on behalf of one of our emails. Wait and see. Freeing up my time could be what I need to further my studies. Or I could work in a salon just around the corner, saving time on travel and study at my own whim, while making money from the skills and talents I already have. I am not overly swayed by any of them. I remember learning that if I am really excited about something, I probably am not looking at it in a realistic way. The reverse is true if I am being overly pessimistic. There are always as many good things as bad in any choice, if we will let ourselves see them all. So I guess it is a good thing to be able to look at all the choices impartially. When I first thought about enrolling in Uni, I felt in a rush to do it quickly, I am glad I waited and didn't get sucked up into the initial panick of a deadline. Part of the appeal of the salon life is getting dressed up. Odd because this is exactly what I have enjoyed not having to do for the last 9 months. A year of invisibility seems to be required for me every 7 years or so. Like the 7th day of rest. All the fashion pages that I deleted from my bookmarks are calling me, and I have flicked through more fashion magazines with enjoyment. All this could be satisfied with a new wardrobe and a new approach to getting ready each day, regardless of my job. It reminds me of the advice they give to people who work at home. Don't spend the day in your pyjamas, get up and make yourself ready for work. Just because I spend the days with children, doesn't mean I can't be happy with the way I look. Anyway I should go and get some coins together for the toothfairy. She didn't make it to our house last night, and it's the third tooth to spend more than one night waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's nice that you have some options, including a salon close by. Also really glad your husband is working. That must be a relief.
ReplyDeleteinteresting!))
ReplyDeleteWhat i don't realize is in truth how you are now not actually a lot more smartly-liked than you might be now. You're very intelligent.
ReplyDeleteYou understand thus significantly in terms of this subject, made me individually consider it
from numerous various angles. Its like women and men aren't fascinated unless it's something to do with
Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs nice. At all times care for it
up!
Also visit my web site; Gamerecycler.net
I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my blog :: twitter.com
It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made at this place.
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my web-site - vertical jump workouts
This is my first time visit at here and i am actually impressed to read all at one place.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to surf to my blog amaderjagat.com
It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing as well as from our argument made here.
ReplyDeletemy webpage; waterleaf.eu