Ramblings of an inquisitive mind, just trying to find my way around, and be honest with myself.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Mandalas and getting out of my head.
I was not actually planning on adding to the blog right now. Just trying to add a pussycat to the page. Unsuccessfully. I am looking at mandalas. The book I am reading right now is The Earth Path. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I usually flick through books about meditation and that sort of stuff and then feel bad because I don't ever put it into action. I like that this is more about knowledge and observation. In explaining the beginnings of life in a playful version of evolutionary theory, she mentioned the mandala of chlorophyll. When the molecules where organized in such a way, the mandala would vibrate when struck by a photon of light. That vibration created the reaction that enabled the molecule to turn carbon and water into matter, with a byproduct of oxygen. So I went looking for the mandala to see what it looked like. Apparently mandalas can represent the combining of all the elements into a whole. I have to find more about why Carl Jung thought they were so helpful. Then I guess I need to draw myself a mandala. I have also been paying more attention to air. Knowing what causes turbulence and movement in the air. Observing how the air interacts with things, how the birds play in it and how it sounds. It is quite windy lately. I think the wind is a little early this year. It always catches me out though. August is when I get cold all of a sudden, and miss the beach. My husband pointed that out to me last year. The book is a timely reminder to get outside and experience what I have here instead of pining over what isn't. Maybe my first mandala should be about wind and air. Aquarius is meant to be an air sign. All up in the head is how I describe it. I have the beginnings of a grounding ritual to get me out of my head sometimes. And a sort of yoga to try to better balance the mind body spirit triad. I find that when something annoys me about someone else, I can take the advice I would try to force on them and find a way I should be taking it myself. In this instance I was annoyed with a workmates body obsession. My advice(all in my head playing out dramas) was that the body was being focused on to the exclusion of the mind and soul. I am so guilty of trying to learn and expand the mind to the exclusion of my body and relationships. Learn but don't do. thought but no action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment