Friday, November 13, 2009

I quit

I just sent an email to the general manager to notify her of my resignation. It was so scary, and I haven't even spoken to her yet. It marks the end of an era for me. Almost 12 years of hairdressing, and 5 years with this salon group. Yes I still can go back to it, but I don't plan to. I think that keeping a backup plan is sort of sabotaging yourself to some extent. I have to believe that this is the right thing to do, and move on, and let go. I have brains and compassion and drive, so I can't see why I wouldn't be as good as, if not better than, a lot of the uni students that currently offer their time as ABA therapists. I have the initiative to seek out knowledge specific to this line of work. and experience as a mother which is irreplaceable. I know it sounds like I am trying to convince myself. This is typical of me everytime I make a big change. I always doubt myself first, and D is my cheerleading team. I wonder when I will hear back.

1 comment:

  1. Quitting is scary, but it sounds like you have the energy and drive for this new field!

    ReplyDelete